Who wouldn’t love to have a dazzling white smile? When your teeth look their best, it’s easier to feel confident in both professional and personal settings. Of course, no one’s teeth will stay perfectly white forever. When your teeth become stained or discolored from eating stain-causing foods, you may wonder what the best way to restore your smile’s brightness is. Before scheduling your teeth whitening consultation at Dentistree of Manassas, here’s what you should know about teeth whitening at the dentist versus at home.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental treatment performed to enhance the appearance of one’s smile by removing stains from the surface of a person’s teeth. A brighter smile is usually achieved with bleaching agents that can come in many forms, including over-the-counter products such as whitening toothpaste, strips or trays, and gels. It’s good to consult your dentist before undergoing a teeth whitening treatment.
What Does the Process of Getting Professional Teeth Whitening Look Like?
Having your teeth whitened at the dentist’s office is a fast and effective way to get whiter teeth safely. Here’s what you can expect during a professional whitening treatment at Dentistree of Manassas:
- The dentist will apply a special gel to your gums to protect them.
- Then, they will carefully apply the whitening agent to the surface of your teeth.
- The whitening process may be repeated several times for the best results.
Teeth whitening at the dentist provides many benefits over teeth whitening at home, including:
- Being monitored by a trained dental team for safety
- Using professional-strength whitening products for effectiveness
- Achieving more dramatic results in one convenient appointment
What Does Whitening Your Teeth at Home Look Like?
Teeth whitening at home can occur in various ways, including using toothpaste, rinse, gel, or tray. Teeth whitening at home may be tempting for its convenience and affordability, but it certainly doesn’t come without risks. Before trying to enhance the appearance of your smile at home, it’s best to ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have any oral health problems that could be impacted by the whitening products, such as cavities or sensitive gums?
- Are the stains on your teeth significant? Would an at-home whitening treatment be effective in achieving your desired results?
- Are the whitening products being used safely?
What Cosmetic Dentistry Services Does Dentistree of Manassas Offer?
At Dentistree of Manassas, we are eager to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. With this in mind, we are proud to offer an array of popular cosmetic dentistry treatments to improve the appearance of your teeth, boost your confidence, and improve your quality of life, including:
- Professional teeth whitening to restore the brightness of discolored teeth
- Dental veneers to improve the shape, size, and color of damaged or imperfect teeth
- Smile makeovers to resolve multiple aesthetic dental concerns at one time
Visit Dentistree on Manassas for Your Next Teeth Whitening Appointment
If you’re ready to look and feel your best, a professional teeth whitening treatment could be for you. You can achieve a noticeably whiter smile in as little as half an hour by undergoing a professional teeth whitening treatment at Dentistree of Manassas. Contact us today to learn more about how professional teeth whitening or other treatment options could benefit you. We can’t wait to give you a reason to smile bright!